A few weeks ago I painted a couple storage bins for the boys’ playroom and decided when I got done that the middle two needed to be painted too. Here is the original post incase you did not see it and here is the post from when my hubby and I built the Toy Storage Bench a few years ago. Here are a few pics of the final project. Looks pretty cute for the wild men adventure playroom (still a bit of a work in progress). One of my personal resolutions is to make more time for my own art projects because I really enjoy them. I want to finally get working on a few paintings again as well as refocusing my blog into more of an art based life-style blog which is what it has evolved into. I just really enjoy sharing photography and craft projects but have much less time for my own artwork now a days. I just hope to inspire a few other mom’s out there while creating a fun way to look back at family memories.
I cannot wait to see what 2018 will bring. Thank you for all your comments and words of encouragement as well as reading my blog.
This week I did a quick little project for our playroom. I looked for some bins that were the right size and had a design that would match the playroom theme but I came up empty handed. That was when I decided to order just plain ones and paint my own. I needed the smaller size to fit in the storage bench my hubby and I made a couple years ago. Here is the post on the Toy Bench we made. The toy bins were just getting old and it was time for an easy update. These plain colored Foldable Storage Bins were a perfect blank canvas. Easy to find on amazon of course! I just used Acrylic paints (black and white to make shades of grey) and some clear acrylic mixed with glitter to paint the design. I knew I wanted the mountains so I just drew the design with chalk and then painted the color on. Super easy!
After I finished and put them together in the Storage bench, I changed my original idea. I started thinking that it would look really cool to have the middle two painted as well, continuing the mountain range across the whole front. I consulted a panel of experts 😉 for their opinions on the mountain range idea and everyone agreed. So next week I will get the middle two painted. Bad news about that is I cleaned up the the grey paint I had mixed, so the real challenge will be to match the mountain greys! Of course stay tuned for the final finished project hopefully soon.
Here are a couple more pics of the bins with my ever helpful models testing it out!
We have been busy with Christmas decorating and have alot of fun Christmas activities and adventures in store for the next few weeks. I cannot wait to share with you all!