I found this delicious and very rich Paula Dean recipe to satisfy my fall pumpkin cravings. They were nice to keep cold and have a fallish treat without over heating myself down here in Tampa. Yes, I’ll admit that I am one of those pumpkin obsessed, boot wearing (well not so much in the heat), white girls and I am not ashamed.
^Everyone needs a good “helper”.^
Here is the recipe for anyone who would like to try them yourself!
Pumpkin-Swirled Oat Bars
2 Cups plus 1 Tablespoon All Purpose Flour; Divided
2 Cups old-fashioned oats
1 Cup Firmly packed light brown sugar
3/4 Cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 Cup unsalted butter, softened
2 (8-oz) packages cream cheese, softened
2/3 Cup granulated sugar
2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
2 Large eggs
1 (9-oz) jar pumpkin butter (I just ordered this from amazon)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with foil; letting excess extend over sides of pan; spray foil with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together 2 Cups flour, oats, brown sugar, pecans, salt, pie spice, and baking soda. Add butter and beat with a mixer at medium-low speed until mixture is crumbly. Reserve 1 1/2 cups oat mixture in a small bowl; press remaining oat mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, in same large bowl, beat cream cheese, granulated sugar, cream , and remaining 1 tablespoon flour with a mixer at medium speed until creamy, 2-3 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Pour mixture onto prepared crust, and spoon pumpkin butter by tablespoons onto cream cheese mixture. Using a knife, swirl mixtures together. Sprinkle reserved oat mixture on top.
- Bake until top is golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Using excess foil as handles, remove from pan before cutting into bars. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Makes about 18
Hope you enjoy it as much as this little man… he is saying YUM!
Until next week, XOXO.