This week has been a bit of a challenge to get anything done except take care of my little man. So unfortunately, I do not have a fun craft project or art project to post about. I thought I would share some of my mommy experience so far, which is very little. I love my little man so very much, but this week he has randomly decided he can only nap during the day while I am holding him. Although I would love to just hold my beautiful son all day, I have tons of stuff to get done! But you cannot get angry at that beautiful face!
I have found that singing to him helps calm him down. I have always loved to sing but never by myself out loud around people. I enjoyed choir many years ago but never had the courage to do a solo. I have always figured I am a pretty bad singer, so it is pretty flattering to have one little fan! It must have been all the singing in the shower and by myself while I was pregnant for him. So if you see a mom singing badly to her son, do not judge her!
As a new mom, I feel like I worry about my little man most all of the time.
Things I am constantly worrying about now:
- Getting a flat head from sitting in his car seat, bouncy chair (which he loves), sleeping on his back, basically just about everything seems like it might cause a flat head.
- My little man getting too fat. Although he is exclusively breast fed, he is almost 10 weeks old and 13 lbs 11 oz!! jeeze! I keep telling myself that dad is a big guy so he will be big too. It is crazy fast too since he was born only 5 lbs 11 oz. He eats only 6 times a day too which seems to be on the low end of newborn eating from everything I have read. (I have read alot)
- Not doing enough tummy time, therefore not getting his milestones and enough exercise adding to my baby getting too fat worry.
- Sitting in his bouncy seat too much. He seriously loves that thing. I feel bad just sticking him in it and bouncing him when he’s cranky but its the only thing that makes him happy.
- Do 2 month olds get bored?? Does he sleep too much??…
My hubby assures me I am just overly worried which I am sure I am. But come on, I don’t want him to get a flat head. (seriously it has to be the number one worry of mine right now) At least we got a cute Santa picture.
He has put himself on a pretty consistent schedule now and today he is already better at not fussing so much so hopefully it was just this week. I was able to take a nice enjoyable shower, do my hair cute and put on some makeup. It really does wonders to keep me feeling happy. A little lipstick goes a long way 😉
Happy Friday Everyone!!! Hopefully this weekend I’ll be able to work on some of my personal art projects while my hubby plays with baby!